Thursday, March 23, 2017

Penniless to president: How I went from laid off to the boss in less than a year

 
I'm writing this article while lounging in my new office, gazing at my notice of layoff. It's bordered by a delicate frame after months of being tucked away in a dusty closet.
It was sandwiched between a stack of other embarrassing mementos from throughout my lifetime, a yearbook from my days of Sun-in and DIY bangs, a hardcover copy of a First Communion handbook that my mother convinced me to model for, and a stack of photos from the disposable cameras I took on nights out during college.
But months after I landed my dream job at Grade A, and began writing articles on LinkedIn, I found myself digging through my wreckage of regret for that layoff notice. It became a tangible symbol of how quickly things can change and continues to serve as a reminder that failure can teach you more about your strength than success ever can.

No comments:

Post a Comment